Banana Bread Muffins

This is the second Mother's Day in a row that I haven't been able to spend with my mom since I moved to Dubai. I miss her terribly everyday but on days like this I miss her even more than normal. For those of you who don't know my mom, she is the most incredible, kind hearted and beautiful woman I have ever met. She's always been my best friend and my biggest supporter for as long as I can remember. Luckily for me I'm flying home to see her this week (God willing) and I can't wait! Since my mom loves banana muffins I decided to try making them in honor of her. It was great practice for me and now I'll be able to whip them up for her when I'm home! This is pretty embarrassing to admit but I had never baked anything from scratch until today. I was super nervous since I didn't even have a proper measuring cup but thankfully these muffins turned out so well! My husband and I ate three of them in one sitting! I followed the recipe for banana muffins on JoyofBaking.com but I modified a few of the ingredients for my liking. For the recipe I used scroll down below!  







Ingredients: 
1 1/2 cup of flour
1 cup of white sugar
2 ripe mashed bananas
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 eggs
80 grams of melted and cooled butter

I mixed all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl and whisked them well. Then I mixed all of the wet ingredients together including the mashed bananas. I then added the wet ingredients to the dry and poured the batter into cupcake liners. I baked them for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and voila, muffins! I would really recommend these to someone who doesn't have much experience with baking. They were so easy to make and they turned out really well! I hope you'll try them out yourself and if you do be sure to tell me how they turn out!By the way, I bought a set of cupcake liners the other day and I thought there were 17 in the package but it turns out there were only 5! That's why some of the muffins are lined and some aren't. It turns out that 17 was a random number printed on the package but I checked later and it clearly said 5 liners! Now I'll know to double check for next time!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top