Exploring Downtown

For a blog titled Dreaming In Dubai, I've come to realize that I've written very little about Dubai so today I thought I'd share one of my favorite places in the city with all of you. Amidst the hustle and bustle of Downtown, it's easy to forgo everything and head straight into your favorite restaurant on the boulevard or to forgo the walk all together and go directly to Dubai Mall. My husband and I did the same until one day when the weather was so nice we decided to explore the area in a little more detail. We stepped into one of the residential abodes called Qamardeen District right next Vida Hotel and were blown away by how beautiful it was! All of the houses were covered with gorgeous fuchsia flowers and were constructed in a quintessential Middle Eastern manner with dark wooden doors and lantern lights. I could have easily spent the whole day wandering the small alleys but alas, the sun set and we headed over to Dubai Mall to grab a bite. Next time you're in the Downtown area, I would definitely recommend you wander off the beaten track and explore some of the neighborhoods in the area! 







CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top